In the year of the monkey, JLL highlights a few 2016 real estate trends to watch:
- The current trend among e-commerce giants for same-day delivery creates an additional demand for modern warehouse and distribution centers in large, densely populated areas such as the New York/New Jersey metropolitan area.
- Multifamily, which has been the hottest sector in the industry, will remain strong for both investments and new development.
- Investor appetite has increased for tech translating into pricing premium for tech-tenanted office product.
- Offshore capital has become a major force in the US hotel investment markets.
- Retail investment will continue to concentrate in global gateway markets with a focus on urban/high street retail.
- Office tenant expansionary activity has driven growth in a diversity of markets.
- Previous presidential election cycles have produced uncertainty and slower activity.
Click on the image below for your Chinese zodiac forecast.