JLL’s Global Logistics Sentiment Survey (GLSS)
The second annual GLSS highlights the continues interest and demand in this sector of commercial real estate around the globe.
JLL surveyed 650 logistics market experts around the world to get their perspectives and insight on what may be expected in the next six months. The results are analyzed based on a ‘balance of responses’ calculation to indicate a particular trend.
“2015 was underscored by another strong year of capital flowing into prime logisticss real estate around the world, as well as continued, strong levels of leasing activity by large corporate occupiers. Our teams around the world expect that 2016 will be another good year of leasing and capital markets activity, but there are signs of cooling.”
President-Logistics & Industrial
Highlights from the survey include:
- Supply continues to contract, but new development seems to be helping offset with new leasing options
- Expectations for rent growth much higher, especially in EMEA and Asia Pacific
- Investor demand still high, but off of last year’s marks
- Supply of investment stock remains a barrier, but easing
- More cap rate compression, but moderating
Download the full report to read new logistics real estate predictions for 2016!