The technology sector is still the leading industry for real estate expansion and employment growth. JLL’s 2016 Tech Outlook features everything you need to know about tech today in the United States.
Top Five National Trends to Watch
- Technology remains the leading industry for real estate expansion in the United States and has quickly become a key economic driver in many cities.
- National tech employment may be slowing, but it’s still driving employment growth in the United States.
- As tech companies continue to add to their employee bases, there will be heightened focus on diversity.
- The tech industry continues to be a key focus for VCs, representing 72% of activity this year to date.
- Well-funded, late-stage startups will continue to grow their real estate footprints, but at a less aggressive rate given the tightening funding environment.
Tech Opportunities in New Jersey
Proximity to New York City and a highly skilled workforce, as well as recent graduates from the state’s universities will keep New Jersey on the radar screen of tech companies. The Newark, New Brunswick, Metropark and Princeton submarkets will remain active as tenants seek space in areas offering mass transit options for their employees and clients. Aggressive economic incentive programs are creating opportunities for companies to remain within the state or relocate their operations here.
Read more on New Jersey’s technology office outlook.