- While the Northern and Central New Jersey overall office vacancy rate was 24.4 percent in the second quarter, vacancy rates varied depending on a building’s year of construction.
- Approximately 40.0 percent of the 158.7 million-square-foot office market were constructed during the 1980s. These buildings posted an average vacancy rate of more than … Read More
- The Metropark submarket is considered one of the most strategic office locations in the state, owing to its superior highway access and commuter rail service via Amtrak and New Jersey Transit.
- These attributes have drawn recent office tenant requirements to this submarket.
- After nearing 25.0 percent in 2014, the Metropark Class A … Read More
There are two important portfolio optimization strategies where company leadership can increase M&A value.
- Include real estate in the deal term: The duel diligence phase is one of the most critical stages of any M&A process. This is where the value of the real property assets can be unlocked and drive transaction value for the investor. That’s why it is important to carefully … Read More
JLL’s white paper explores 10 key global CRE trends that influence corporates’ decision-making in 2016.
- Threats: security, risk and transparency
- Convergence: HR, IT (digital solutions) and CRE strategies converge
- Experience: it’s all about User Experience (UX)
- Digital Drive: technology transforms organizations, real estate and people
- Sustainability: building a sustainable future for CRE
- Ownership: own vs. lease in … Read More
- Central New Jersey remained strongly driven by powerhouse markets like Exit 8A.
- Major submarkets in Northern New Jersey had robust leasing activity and net absorption. Small building construction (under 100,000 square feet) was active.
JLL’s industrial property clock illustrates where each market sits within its real estate… Read More
Some key 2016 trends impacting commercial real estate in New Jersey include:
- Residential and mixed-use development, with residential as the driver, continues through most of 2016 at or near current breakneck pace.
- Sites near mass transit remain tenant’s first choice (key site factors: walking distance, courtesy shuttle and reasonable commuting distance to/from Manhattan).
- Upcoming residential projects are incorporating mixed-use components, especially in Jersey City, Weehawken, Edgewater and other cities along New Jersey’s ‘Gold Coast.’
Click the… Read More
JLL’s Global Logistics Sentiment Survey (GLSS)
The second annual GLSS highlights the continues interest and demand in this sector of commercial real estate around the globe.
JLL surveyed 650 logistics market experts around the world to get their perspectives and insight on what may be expected in the next six months. The results are analyzed based on a ‘balance of responses’ calculation to indicate a particular trend.
According to JLL Research, the following at the key highlights of Q4 2015:
Employment growth on pace for biggest gain in 15 years
After adding less than 30,000 jobs in 2014, the New Jersey employment market registered signs of growth during the past year. With the exception of a brief downturn during June and July when 23,000 jobs were shed, the New Jersey employment market posted monthly job gains in 2015. With 7,900… Read More